There is a RoboCop remake coming out 2014! Here is the official trailer:

Thoughts?

`````````````````
sporeguya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RoboCop Remake Trailer 2014

Post by sporeguya on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:01 am

I wanted to have an impartial post above, so here're my thoughts.

I don't think it will be that good, however, I will probably still go see it.

Judging by the trailer, it uses a lot of CGI, where the original mainly used costumes and on-set special effects. It also seems like it's trying to appeal to the younger audience, with the PG-13 rating and less gritty atmosphere. It will either be a gigantic success or a huge flop, and I'm expecting the latter. Many people say Hollywood is running out of ideas, and I'm slightly inclined to agree.

EDIT: After having rewatched the trailer, I have a few more thoughts. It does seem to deal with similar issues as the original, such as control, how far can the government go, etc. I've seen many people saying it's straying from RoboCop's original message about all that. It does seem more like a generic action film, with too many over-the-top gunshots and explosions. I will go see it though, it does seem intriguing at the least.

`````````````````
sporeguya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowTurtleInc on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:29 am

Hmmm.... I don't know about this. What I loved about RoboCop with it's totally over the top gore... this seems like a cash grab and the PG-13 rating makes me really nervous... I don't think this is gonna be a good one.

`````````````````
Movie Abbreviation Game: 1 Point
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

View user profile http://filmstop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sporeguya on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:41 am

ShadowTutleInc wrote: this seems like a cash grab and the PG-13 rating makes me really nervous
I would completely agree.

[ADMIN EDIT] I love you man but try to keep your post over twenty words so it doesn't flood the newsfeed.

`````````````````
sporeguya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawson.Madness on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:03 pm

I always try to have a bright attitude when I look at remakes. Sure, the original was great, I'm a massive Verhoeven fan, and if the remake sucks, we can pretend it never happened! just look at the Charlie and the chocolate factory remake.
I agree with the PG-13 rating argument, and that it's odd that they're bringing it down, but I'll still go see it.

`````````````````

Dawson.Madness
Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarloMery on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:14 pm

As someone who has never seen any RoboCop movies but has a strong desire to and fells like I have a pretty good idea of what they're like, it looks like they did a pretty good job of keeping it true to the original (except for the PG-13 rating). It has an amazing cast. I'm a little concerned that they're making it so soon after the recent Iron Man movies, because the concepts are fairly similar. Overall, I'm very anxious to see this film.

EDIT: My gifs don't work... Someone please help me out here

[MOD EDIT] Few things wrong with your posting...

1) Double post- please don't post twice in a row.

2) Requests for help with the site should go in a thread in Site Feedback.

3) Your signature is too long- please take away some images or make them go horizontal across the page.

Thank you!

-sporeguya

`````````````````

CarloMery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

my opinions

Post by gdj1325 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I know the most about the about the character/series considering I've read some of the comics and know the general idea of the tv shows. I've been following the remake since 2010 or so and from multiple interviews and panels there seems to be a constant comment that the crew makes, and that is that they're not trying to make robocop again they're trying to retell the story of robocop. which is something that i approve of. total recall had the same treatment done to it, and frankly I like the remake more than the original another case of this idea is dredd 3d which went balls to the wall with a solid R rating which is probably why it was good, and to my knowledge the new evil dead has done the same thing.

I dislike the PG-13 rating and the fact that its coming out in February is also kind've spooking me out but all in all i have some faith in this movie.

also for those of you who haven't seen the original trailer i recommend doing that (because in my opinion it kind of sucks)
gdj1325

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowTurtleInc on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:01 pm

gdj1325 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I know the most about the about the character/series considering I've read some of the comics and know the general idea of the tv shows. I've been following the remake since 2010 or so and from multiple interviews and panels there seems to be a constant comment that the crew makes, and that is that they're not trying to make robocop again they're trying to retell the story of robocop. which is something that i approve of. total recall had the same treatment done to it, and frankly I like the remake more than the original another case of this idea is dredd 3d which went balls to the wall with a solid R rating which is probably why it was good, and to my knowledge the new evil dead has done the same thing.

I dislike the PG-13 rating and the fact that its coming out in February is also kind've spooking me out but all in all i have some faith in this movie.

also for those of you who haven't seen the original trailer i recommend doing that (because in my opinion it kind of sucks)
Are you saying that the New Total Recall was better than the original and that the new Evil Dead is better than the original? And also when you say the original trailer are you talking about for the original RoboCop or the new one?

`````````````````
Movie Abbreviation Game: 1 Point
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

View user profile http://filmstop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawson.Madness on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:12 am

ShadowTurtleInc wrote:
gdj1325 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I know the most about the about the character/series considering I've read some of the comics and know the general idea of the tv shows. I've been following the remake since 2010 or so and from multiple interviews and panels there seems to be a constant comment that the crew makes, and that is that they're not trying to make robocop again they're trying to retell the story of robocop. which is something that i approve of. total recall had the same treatment done to it, and frankly I like the remake more than the original another case of this idea is dredd 3d which went balls to the wall with a solid R rating which is probably why it was good, and to my knowledge the new evil dead has done the same thing.

Are you saying that the New Total Recall was better than the original and that the new Evil Dead is better than the original? And also when you say the original trailer are you talking about for the original RoboCop or the new one?
Yeah, nothing tops the original Evil Dead except its mind-blowingly good sequel: "Evil Dead 2". But looking back, I'm so glad they didn't tone down the horror and gore in the Evil Dead remake. actually, Sam Raimi (writer and director of the original trilogy) wrote and produced the remake so I knew it wouldn't completely suck.

`````````````````

Dawson.Madness
Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdj1325 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi, I saw the movie and it was bad.
gdj1325

View user profile

Back to top Go down