Film Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Evil Dead Trilogy

2 posters

Go down

The Evil Dead Trilogy  Empty The Evil Dead Trilogy

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:55 pm

The Evil Dead Trilogy is one of the best out there, it is well known for it's great violence and gore and kick-ass moments. People have there favorite movies spread almost evenly for each film and now, I will tell you mine!

MY EVIL DEAD RANK LIST!
(SEMI-SPOILER ALERT)

#3 Evil Dead 2: Dawson is probably screaming his bloody head off right now because of his pure love for this film but, I want to make something clear before I start. I LOVED this movie. So here we go, EDII had so many great moments probably the best moments throughout the entire trilogy, but why number 3? The reason for me putting it on the bottom is because for me the film depended to much on the first movie, it didn't really feel like it's own film. For me it was just a bunch of epic bloody moments all compiled in to one movie, nothing wrong with that... it just made the plot seem a little scrambled for me.

#2 Army of Darkness (AKA Evil Dead 3): For most people Army of Darkness is the least favorited of the trilogy, I loved this movie so much. The plot was solid and made sense, it had the most quotable lines for sure and it totally changes the setting to medieval times which was sick. There are so many awesome moments but the one problem I have with it is that the gore level is LOW. Now that might sound screwed up for me to dislike a part of a movie for its lack of gore but here me out. EDII and ED brought so much to the table with comedic and horrific gore in the first to movies, for me AoD was the least 'fitting' in the trilogy, it broke away from the style. But that is another reason why I liked it so much, it was unique and it made it it's own movie.

#1 The Evil Dead: My favorite is the original film that started it all. I think the reason I like this film the most was because it had gore and cool moments the EDII had and the solid plot that AoD had. It was a solid foundation of a film and there was TONS of gore. This movie shows it all, which I love. I feel even EDII held out to much on showing gore, but it is still a very gory movie. The film has a classic vibe to it as you watch it, it is the creepiest and had the best atmosphere. There are actual characters that are built up from the beginning of the film for you to invest in and there is a man you root for until the end. Ash suddenly turning into a Bad-Ass was great in the next two movies but for me, seeing him truly afraid for his life in that cabin just really made me care for the guy.

There's my list! Feel free to disagree with me or make your own list below!
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

https://filmstop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Evil Dead Trilogy  Empty Re: The Evil Dead Trilogy

Post by Dawson.Madness Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Hey I'm glad you finally got around to watching the trilogy that I've loved since I was a young lad, and then providing fresh piles of dung and excuse them as reviews you knuckle-headed mcSpazatron.
EDII depending too (I dig your grammar mistake there) much on the original movie??? It's a remake for gods sake! It in no way depends on the original! This movie made the trilogy. It started the "Ash is a badass" thing.
I feel like you put EDI there because you want to sound like a "professional" and wanted to make it seem like you loved it first. If you've read all the books about the first movie, you'll know that even the director thought EDI was not as good as EDII. EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THESE MOVIES WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT LIKES EDII MORE.
But whatever man, you're entitled to an opinion.
PS. No hard feelings, but STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORYThe Evil Dead Trilogy  Bbadrect011-460x3071
Dawson.Madness
Dawson.Madness
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Dawson.Madness wrote:Hey I'm glad you finally got around to watching the trilogy that I've loved since I was a young lad, and then providing fresh piles of dung and excuse them as reviews you knuckle-headed mcSpazatron.
EDII depending too (I dig your grammar mistake there) much on the original movie??? It's a remake for gods sake! It in no way depends on the original! This movie made the trilogy. It started the "Ash is a badass" thing.
I feel like you put EDI there because you want to sound like a "professional" and wanted to make it seem like you loved it first. If you've read all the books about the first movie, you'll know that even the director thought EDI was not as good as EDII. EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THESE MOVIES WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT LIKES EDII MORE.
But whatever man, you're entitled to an opinion.
PS. No hard feelings, but STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORYThe Evil Dead Trilogy  Bbadrect011-460x3071
I know that Evil Dead II is commonly considered to be a re-make but in all honesty it really isn't. Yes there are the similarities,
SPOILER:
, but there is to much stuff that happens to make it not a remake,
SPOILER:

I respect if you want to believe that Evil Dead II is a remake, to me it wasn't.

Now, dude. You can't say that I want to sound professional because I like the first one. That is bullshit. Out of ALL the people on this forum the person you are gonna get the most HONEST feedback from is me, period. I thought out of anyone you would know that. Like I actually care what other people think about which film I like most. If anything I would have chose EDII as my favorite! It is the common favorite! I didn't find it as enjoyable as the first one, that's it. I don't care what the people who made the movie say, the first is my favorite and that's that.
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawson.Madness Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Well actually it wasn't technically a remake, Sam just couldn't secure the rights to the original film so they re-shot the beginning scenes. Also, the most well-known and liked ED film was AOD, mainly because it's the least gory and most recent. The Reasons (at least to me) that EDII is better is as follows:
Ash is 20X more badass
There are more characters (and more interesting ones at that)
It is visually more beautiful
It really has a better way of showing Ash's decent into madness (though I'll admit, the scene in the first one where blood runs through the walls and out of the projector was pretty awesome)
Ash gets a chainsaw arm
Ash says: "Groovy"
Dane Hicks is a great villain
Ed makes the coolest demon
Ash's annoying sister isn't in it
No tree rape (that could be a negative, it all depends on what you're into *winks)
There is more alone time in the cabin with Ash, so it can really make the claustrophobia and insanity sink in
The list goes on. At least explain to me why AOD, the least entertaining of the films made #2!!!
Dawson.Madness
Dawson.Madness
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Dawson.Madness wrote:Well actually it wasn't technically a remake, Sam just couldn't secure the rights to the original film so they re-shot the beginning scenes. Also, the most well-known and liked ED film was AOD, mainly because it's the least gory and most recent. The Reasons (at least to me) that EDII is better is as follows:
Ash is 20X more badass
There are more characters (and more interesting ones at that)
It is visually more beautiful
It really has a better way of showing Ash's decent into madness (though I'll admit, the scene in the first one where blood runs through the walls and out of the projector was pretty awesome)
Ash gets a chainsaw arm
Ash says: "Groovy"
Dane Hicks is a great villain
Ed makes the coolest demon
Ash's annoying sister isn't in it
No tree rape (that could be a negative, it all depends on what you're into *winks)
There is more alone time in the cabin with Ash, so it can really make the claustrophobia and insanity sink in
The list goes on. At least explain to me why AOD, the least entertaining of the films made #2!!!
Thank you for giving legit reasons this time.... why AoD is #2? I would juts repeat what I said in my first post.
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawson.Madness Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 pm

but didn't you find the whole "Big Budget" thing sort of a betrayal from Sam? I just felt like he ditched his whole scrappy underground cool thing and just became another big Hollywood guy. It feels weird. Though I agree, Totally quotable.
Dawson.Madness
Dawson.Madness
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Dawson.Madness wrote:but didn't you find the whole "Big Budget" thing sort of a betrayal from Sam? I just felt like he ditched his whole scrappy underground cool thing and just became another big Hollywood guy. It feels weird. Though I agree, Totally quotable.
I can see what you mean by big budget but no, I didn't really feel 'betrayed'.
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down