Film Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The War of the Worlds discussion thread.

4 posters

Go down

The War of the Worlds discussion thread. Empty The War of the Worlds discussion thread.

Post by Chieftain1 Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 pm

I made this thread to discuss one of the first alien invasion stories.
The first time I heard of The War of the Worlds was in 2005(I was 5 years old) when the Steven Spielberg version was coming out.I didn't see it until my uncle bought it on dvd for me for Christmas 2007.After watching it,I was seeking out everything war of the worlds,My dad later got me the musical version by Jeff Wayne and The 1953 version.In 2009 I went to a live concert of the music version at the O2 in Dublin.

Later I found that there were more adaptations of WOTW,the low budget pendragon version and the asylum version.I only seen the Spielberg,George pal and the Asylum version.

That basically my story of how I found out about War of the Worlds.I wonder has anybody else seen any version of it.Post your opinions below!
Chieftain1
Chieftain1

http://chieftain1.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The War of the Worlds discussion thread. Empty Re: The War of the Worlds discussion thread.

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm

I have seen the Spielberg one, I thought it was pretty cool, lots of great visuals and great acting performances. I plan on watching the original soon.
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

https://filmstop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The War of the Worlds discussion thread. Empty Re: The War of the Worlds discussion thread.

Post by Chieftain1 Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:09 pm

ShadowTurtleInc wrote:I have seen the Spielberg one, I thought it was pretty cool, lots of great visuals and great acting performances. I plan on watching the original soon.
The original is pretty good.It has pretty good effects for 1953 during the B-movie alien craze.The Martians in it don't use the classic tripod but use hovercrafts which unique because they aren't your normal flying saucer.
The War of the Worlds discussion thread. 1953
Chieftain1
Chieftain1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoyNeko Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:24 am

Yes, it is quite a site when it comes to these movies! I would love to get a bit more into the WOTW idea in general, but I have yet to do so.
TheBoyNeko
TheBoyNeko
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawson.Madness Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:48 am

I liked the 50's one, I thought the Spielberg one was ok, but I'm still disappointed that no one has made a movie that directly relates to the original book. The book was written in the early 20th century and I've never seen an alien attack film take place there. I would really dig a film based directly off of the book
Dawson.Madness
Dawson.Madness
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chieftain1 Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:47 am

Dawson.Madness wrote:I liked the 50's one, I thought the Spielberg one was ok, but I'm still disappointed that no one has made a movie that directly relates to the original book. The book was written in the early 20th century and I've never seen an alien attack film take place there. I would really dig a film based directly off of the book
There is a movie which is truly based on the book,Pendragon's The Classic War of the Worlds but it's a really low budget film.
Chieftain1
Chieftain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawson.Madness Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Oh, Really? was it any good? I can imagine Syfy channel doing a three hundred dollar suckfest just to cash in on the speilberg one like they did so many other films, but I hope not. send me a link to the film you're referring to, I can't seem to find it.
Dawson.Madness
Dawson.Madness
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chieftain1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Dawson.Madness wrote:Oh, Really? was it any good? I can imagine Syfy channel doing a three hundred dollar suckfest just to cash in on the speilberg one like they did so many other films, but I hope not. send me a link to the film you're referring to, I can't seem to find it.
This is the one I'm referring too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._G._Wells'_The_War_of_the_Worlds_(2005_film)

It was actually planned to be released around the early 2000's but it stopped production after 9/11.The project returned in 2004 but with a lower production values.

But Asylum one is the cash in.Predragon was actually trying to be true to the book.

I heard a couple years ago that there was be a CGI movie based on the Jeff Wayne musical,some footage was released but it was delayed for the live tour of the New Generation.Hopefully it will see the light of day.
Chieftain1
Chieftain1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down