Film/Industry News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Film/Industry News

Post by Oldboy on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 am

For any of you guys that like to keep up to date on production news I have a few websites I check religiously and thought I'd share.

Slashfilm.com-
Reliable as hell but a bit slower on some things. "Page 2" is always full of lesser things going on in the industry and makes for a good read.

Worstpreviews.com-
VERY quick to post but not always reliable. Every now and then WP will post something extremely worthwhile... but most of the time its reposts from other sites and news stories that arent stories at all. Also the community is pretty laughable over there.

Filmschoolrejects.com-
A bit slower than the other two but I feel that their articles are MUCH more plentiful and go into a lot more detail.

TheASC.com-
This one is a little more on the technical side of things but its the website for American Cinematographer. It has a good amount of monthly online exclusives but nothing really beats the real thing.

Those are the ones I check daily, if any of you have any that you think of feel free to post them here

`````````````````

Youtube.com/TheWestRecords
Oldboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Film/Industry News

Post by sporeguya on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and state the obvious- IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes are always reliable. I find that I usually agree with their reviews, and they're rarely biased, as they take input from other movie review websites.

A surprising amount of people haven't heard of either, and although I'm sure everyone on here knows both, I figured they're worth a mention.

sporeguya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top