Film Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Movies Art?

3 posters

Go down

Are Movies Art? Empty Are Movies Art?

Post by thepadwan Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:46 pm

I think movies are art. The pure amount of emotion and passion movies contain, the way they're presented, and the similarities to books all allow movies to be art, in my humble opinion. Your thoughts?

thepadwan

Back to top Go down

Are Movies Art? Empty Re: Are Movies Art?

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 pm

I have and always will believe that film is art. Film is in the category of visual arts. When you look at a painting or a sculpture or whatever you are looking at it for the beauty, the story, the mood, the emotions it portrays, ect., ect. Film has all of these elements. Some camera shots can be beautiful and enrapturing while the mood and emotions come into us the same way it would when we look at another piece of art. In reality film is just a bunch of little pictures flying by super quick!

Film takes in ALL of the kinds of art. Film can have amazing scores and emotions, they can now with 3-D technology be more touchable, and with a great story and characters can be an art of illusion and take you into the film itself, taking you out of reality and taking you in to this new world.

Film in my opinion is the greatest kind of art. It can display everything the other arts can and so much more.

So yes film is art. Have you ever heard the term, 'The Art of Filmmaking'?

I don't really believe this is up for debate BUT if somebody comes in here and says it is not art, I guarantee a flamewar will begin.
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

https://filmstop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoyNeko Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:25 am

Yes actually, movies are art.

They take pretty much every aspect of art and put them in a movie as is. Art is actually the MAIN thing needed for a movie (especially animated ones) to flourish!

And as our good Admin said The Art of Filmmaking!
TheBoyNeko
TheBoyNeko
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum