Film Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BeetleJuice 2: Mixed Emotions

3 posters

Go down

BeetleJuice 2: Mixed Emotions Empty BeetleJuice 2: Mixed Emotions

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Alright so first read this short article: http://rollingstone.com/movies/news/tim-burton-to-direct-beetlejuice-2-report-20131021

Now I want to first say that this could be just a load of crap because the same things has been said with Gremlins 3, Ghostbusters 3, and other sequels that never really seem to get started. Knowing Tim Burton however, I believe this one is a little more realistic. How do I feel? Like the title states, Mixed. I love Beetlejuice a lot, really creative and innovative for sure. But with most sequels it could just be a mess. It has been over two decades since BeetleJuice was on the big screen, I don't know how some people will react to it. Will modern audiences even know Beetlejuice? I also fear the use of too much CGI. The beauty of Beetlejuice was the great use of practical effects, but with Tim Burton's newer films, this makes me worried.

What do you guys think? Post below!
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

https://filmstop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BeetleJuice 2: Mixed Emotions Empty Re: BeetleJuice 2: Mixed Emotions

Post by Hammer_Down Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:03 am

I'll let it be known that I'm very cautious of sequels. It seems like 90% of the time, sequels are awful profit monsters. Like you, I'm not sure how to feel. On one hand, it's been quite some time since the first, and Tim Burton doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would make a movie to make a buck or two. On the other hand, it is a sequel, and that alone makes me nervous. I look forward to hearing how this movie does.

Hammer_Down

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoyNeko Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:28 am

Sequels state disaster for about 99% of the movies I watch. And with old movies, remaking them or making a sequel just turns it off entirely. And with all the buzz about things like 'Ghostbusters 3' as Shadow stated, it just shows how uneducated (OPINIONATED) society has become. If you want Ghost traps and puns, go watch the originals, don't wait for a useless dream-come-never.
TheBoyNeko
TheBoyNeko
Respected Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum