Film Stop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jurassic World OFFICIAL

3 posters

Go down

Jurassic World OFFICIAL Empty Jurassic World OFFICIAL

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:33 am

Oh my lord. So Universal has officially announced the new film Jurassic World to be released on July 15th 2015. I SMELL DELAYS, I really don't think they can pin point this date but they are gonna have to because it is a summer flick...

For those unfamiliar with the plot, basically it takes place in a time in which Jurassic Park ACTUALLY WORKED, and what happens is that the scientist start genetically altering the dinos and the new genetically altered dinos don't obey the humans. THe humans use there power of the 'normal' dinosaurs to use against the genetically altered ones. Obviously by the name of the title we can assume that these dino battles spread across the globe hence 'Jurassic WORLD'.

What do you guys think of this? Write your thoughts below.
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

https://filmstop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World OFFICIAL Empty Re: Jurassic World OFFICIAL

Post by gdj1325 Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 am

this honestly sounds like terminator, godzilla (kinda) and so many other movies. but that does not mean im not going to see it.
gdj1325
gdj1325

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 am

gdj1325 wrote:this honestly sounds like terminator, godzilla (kinda) and so many other movies. but that does not mean im not going to see it.
Can you please elaborate on that a little more? I don't really see what you are getting at... as in the dinos turning on them like in Terminator? I don't see the relation between Godzilla and Terminator in relation to JP though...
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdj1325 Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:43 am

ShadowTurtleInc wrote:
gdj1325 wrote:this honestly sounds like terminator, godzilla (kinda) and so many other movies. but that does not mean im not going to see it.
Can you please elaborate on that a little more? I don't really see what you are getting at... as in the dinos turning on them like in Terminator? I don't see the relation between Godzilla and Terminator in relation to JP though...
creature vs creature sounds kinda like godzilla and it isnt really like terminator but kindve just the whole idea of something humans created fighting the humans concept.

gdj1325
gdj1325

Back to top Go down

Post by sporeguya Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:57 am

Sounds pretty intense. Probably will be similar to Pacific Rim in that it's a no-holds barred, action fighting movie. So fun, but not the most intellectual of films.

All that aside, it will probably have a huge budget from the success of the previous films, and I'm excited to see what they do with that. The CGI from that time was revolutionary, so I'm pumped to see what they can do now.
sporeguya
sporeguya

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowTurtleInc Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:45 pm

I am very very veeerrrryyyy nervous for this film.

Jurassic Park had such a fresh and original plot, thanks to the wonderful Michael Crichton, and now they are just turning it into what sounds like another mindless action movie. I am NOT pumped for this movie at ALL, I am very sure that the whole thing will be very CGI.

New referring to what spore said.
You have to remember that while the CGI was great in the original JP, the animatronics were breathtaking as well. I am going to go out on a limb here and say I know the most about this franchise, I have read both books, have the blu-ray combo box set and have watched three documentaries on the making of the movies not counting the single BTS docs about the making of on the blu ray set.

SO with that being said, with the current use of CGI in just about everything, I have a HORRIBLE feeling that they are going to go ALL CGI for this film. This is the same fear I have for Gremlins 3....

Because they are going to do all CGI they will have more to focus on, thus lesser quality. Back in JP they were doing about 60% Practical and 40% CGI, thus they had more time to put into each CGI scene because there was less of them.

"OH BUT SHADOW! NOW TECHNOLOGY IS SO ADVANCED, THEY CAN DO IT SHADOW" Sorry son you're wrong again. Even with there enormous budget there is TONS of other films that have fallen into this same trap.

FOR EXAMPLE:
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,
before you all rage on me just listen to this. I thoroughly enjoyed this film, the plot is not NEARLY as mindless as Jurassic World's. BUT Lord of The Rings was a super successful franchise, and they used lots of practical effects in there movies (Not NEARLY as much as JP but still a good amount). In the Hobbit movie EVERYTHING was CGI, that movie was not only my least favorite but also my least favorite visuals. There were parts that looked beautiful and parts that didn't look real enough to keep me invested.

It is the little parts that look fake that can take you out of a film. In Jurassic Park the CGI and Practical effects STILL hold up to this day. There is never a part in that film where I thought , "Boy that looks cheesy".

There is my ramble, please feel free to disagree with me, that's why I made this forum.
:3
ShadowTurtleInc
ShadowTurtleInc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum